Thursday, April 8, 2010

Scrappy get to know you

Happy Thursday my crafty friends! I am almost finished here at the hospital. Today is an off day (no chemo). Two doses tommorrow and then sleeping in my own bed tommorrow night. MY lovely new Tim Holtz book arrived Tuesday, so I got to see it yesterday! I'll have to post a picture of the personalization, Yes I'm a nerd!

So since I have no projects to post I thought maybe we could play a round of scrappy get to know you. If you think of anything else feel free to add to the list! I'll put my answers after the list so it is easier to copy and paste.

1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both?
2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking ? How did you get into it?
3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc?
4. Favorite embellishments?
5. Favorite paper brands?
6. Favorite tool?
7. Favorite kind of ink?
8. Whose your scrap idol?
9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used?
10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area?
11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper?
12. What is your scrapping style if you have one?
13. Whats on your workarea right now?
14. Favorite adhesive?
15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to?
16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer?
17. Have you ever had your work published?
18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc?
19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones?
20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter?
21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own?
22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones?
23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones?
24. If you have a manual diecutting machine what kind of does do you use?
25. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?)


1. Scrapper and cardmaker!

2. I have been scrapping since about fall of 2007, cardmaking I guess must have been the end of 2007. I got into through my daycare business. I had 2 friends who also did dayvare who knew a CTMH consultant. We were looking for ways to meet our required daycare training hours and got it approved to work with the CTMH consultant to make a scrapbook for our daycares as a marketing tool. We had a group of about 5 or 6 of use whe would get together with her once a month. Eventually everyone but my 1 friend stopped coming so we joined her stamp club and ventured onto cardmaking.

3. I love getting together with friends or going to crops. Since I was diagnosed with the Leukemia, I havent been able to attend any crops, but have gotten together with my friend that I started all this with a few times. At home somethimes my daughters and my mom who is currently staying with me, scrap or make cards with me.

4. I love buttons, ribbons and trims, and flowers!

5. I looooooovvvvveeee paper! Currently I would have to say my favorite brands are Jillibean Soup, Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, The Paper Loft.

6. I haven't tried kit yet but I just got the ranger ink tool(the one with the handle and the foams that attach to it. ) I'm pretty sure that is going to be my favorite. No more inky fingers!

7. These days it is Tim Holtz distress inks. I also use CTMH (have them all) and black and brown staz on.

8. Scrap idol, definately have to go with Tim Holtz!

9. I's probably say the thing I bought that I could live without is the fastenator. i like what it does but I find it so hard to get it exactly where I want it.

10.I just recently got my own scrapbook room, it used to be the living room. Before I just had a cube desk and mostly worked at the dining room table.

11.I am totally a random scrapper, I go in what ever order I feel like, jump from one thing to another. I do organize my scrapbooks in chron order though.

12. I don't think I really have a particular style.

13. I have a desk so right now there is my mm carousel and organizer. An olfa mat, and a couple finished cards, Oh yeah and my dress bookstand that I got at Ross with my Compendium of Curiosities in it.

14. I use Dab N Stic for most of my paper, adtech glue runner for pictures and textured , and a zig glue pen for things like small letters.

15. I would like to try heat embossing, I have only done dry embossing.

16. I have never been on a design team but have been guest designer at Inspiration Cards Sketches back the end of June/beginning of July 2009.

17. I have never had any of my work published, but I haven't tried, though I would like to.

18. I am not a consultant for any of the companies.

19. I do not subscribe to any kit clubs although I have been thinking about it after winning a few really nice ones from some challenges I participated in, and seeing all kinds of great work people have done with them.

20. Shopper/collector. My oldest daughter makes fun of me says my buttons and ribbons need their own zipcodes.

21. I ocassiaonlly whip something out on my own, but I am definately a sketch user and occasional scraplifter.

22. lately I have been trying to keep up with the Inspirational card Sketches, card Patterns and Dirty Scraps challenges. In the past I have also done some at Let's Scrap and at Scrapbook.com

23. I have a cricut, a cuttlebug, and an original sizzix. I want the new motorized Tim Holtz sizzix when it comes out!

24. I use sizzix dies (Just got the Tim Holtz alterations Tattered floral and several of the on the edge dies love love love em), cuttlebug dies, and Just started collecting some of the spellbinders.

25. Definately love the stickles. I have most of the regular colors and each of the older distress inks that I have I have the matching distress stickles.

7 comments:

  1. I have posted my answers to the questions on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. I'm going to post it to my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posting to my blog. Gload you are loving your book. Now you just need to find some time to play. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi: this is great...I'll post on my blog in a day or so....Had fun reading all your answers ladies. Stickleser......might no be a word but made me lol. I'm one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning...I got my answers and link to your blog on my blog this a.m. Hope the wekend is good for you Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather - I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well with the last round, and that you are able to be rid on the leukemia. Goodness girl!!!!
    I love this and I am going to post this to my blog. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete