Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Latest Hospital News

I am currently NPO(cant have anything to eat or drink). I have to have my groshong removed. The did blood cultures from it and from a needle draw and the groshong one came back positive for bacteria. So eventually I will have to have another surgery to put in a new one as the kind of chemo I get cant be done through an iv. I about passed out yesterday when they did the blood draw. Now I have a big ole bruise on my arm. I will have to get an iv(before the removal surgery I would imagine) for all the fluids, antibiotics, and transfusions. On a good note my white cells are up(barely )as are my platelets. The white cells should continue to go up as I had a Nulasta shot last Monday and they say it kicks in around day 10 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment